From the Desk of the President-Elect, Urological Society of India
Greetings from USI
As per the provisions under Section 11 of the revised Constitution of Urological Society of India, notification is hereby given for USI Elections 2021 for the following posts:
President Elect – One
Council Member North Zone – One
Council Member West Zone – One
Council Member East Zone – One
Council Member South Zone – Two
The elections would be held through Electronic Voting (E-Voting).
The Election schedule is as follows:
Last Date for submission of Application: 15 October 2020, 5 PM
Last Date for withdrawal of application: 31st October 2020, 5 PM
Scrutiny and announcement of Candidates: 15 November 2020, 5 PM
“On-line” Voting Dates will be announced
The dates and mode of voting will be intimated in due course.
Nominations are invited on the prescribed form, which is attached here, and can also be downloaded here.
Completed nomination form, duly filled in the prescribed format, proposed and seconded by two FULL members of USI, must reach the central office before 5 PM of 15 October 2020. While sending the form, please write in bold letters on the envelope: “Nomination for USI Election 2021”. The soft copy of the same along with the bio data must be sent by email to the Election Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org and USI Central Office at email@example.com.
Address for mailing the hard copy of nomination form:
Urological Society of India
19, First Floor,
Near Patel Nagar Metro Station,
Opposite Metro Pillar No. 195,
South Patel Nagar,
New Delhi 110008.
- The applicants are required to submit a brief CV (maximum of 300 words) & a recent photograph along with the nomination form for publication in the USI Newsletter.
- Candidates contesting for the post of President-Elect are requested to provide the details of USI Council membership tenure in the nomination form. Those who are applying for these posts should have completed one full term (2 Years) as a council member in the national body prior to declaration of results.
- Candidates contesting for the post of USI Council membership are requested to give the details of the post held and the tenure as office bearer in the respective Zonal Chapters. Those contesting for the post of council members should have completed one full term (2 Years) in the zonal chapter prior to declaration of results.
- Any member holding an executive post in the national body or the zonal chapter or any subsidiaries of USI are not eligible to contest for the elections.
- Any failure of compliance on any of the guidelines will automatically lead to disqualification.
- As per the decision of the USI Council in July 2019, the ban on canvassing has been revoked.
- The result of the voting (including the vote-count) will be declared by the election officer after completion of all the formalities.
With best regards,
Prof (Dr) Mallikarjuna C
President-Elect & Election Officer,
Urological Society of India
Asian Institute of Nephrology and Urology