Following is the list of nominations accepted for USI elections for the year 2021.
For the post of President Elect [ 1 ]:
Dr Aneesh Srivastava
Dr Ravindra B Sabnis
For the post of USI Council Member – North Zone [ 1 ]:
Dr Anil Elhence
Dr S P Yadav
For the post of USI Council Member – South Zone [ 2 ]:
Dr C S Ratkal
Dr S Joseph Philipraj
Dr Shivalingaiah M
Dr Vinod KV
There would be no elections for the following posts as the candidates have been elected unopposed.
For the post of USI Council Member – East Zone [ 1 ]:
Dr Rajesh Kumar Tiwari
For the post of USI Council Member – West Zone [ 1 ]:
Dr Rajesh Kukreja
The list of registered voters is also updated on the website. If you have still not registered for EVoting please do the same at the earliest.
To register for EVoting, please send your Membership Number, Name, Email, Mobile Number, any Photo-Id (Adhaar, Voter Card, Driving Licence etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on 9897921138. Do check on the USI Website in the voter list for confirmation.
The last date for registration for EVoting is 25th of December 2020. Also please visit the members’ area of USI Esubmit website at https://usi.esubmit.in/ to check and update your data.
The USI Elections will be held from 10th January to 20th January 2021 and the results will be announced on 14th February 2021 during the AGM being conducted during USICON 2021 (12th – 14th February 2021).
Please revert for any further queries at email@example.com.
With best regards,
Prof (Dr) Mallikarjuna C
President-Elect & Election Officer,
Urological Society of India
Managing Director – Asian Institute of Nephrology and Urology, Hyderabad
Dr. Aneesh Srivastava
Dr. Aneesh Srivastava is currently the professor and Head of the Department of the Urology & Renal Transplantation at Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow (SGPGIMS). He has been a post graduate teacher for nearly 28 years and an examiner for DNB and M.Ch courses for last several years. He started his academic career as an Assistant Professor in 1992 at Sri Venkateshwara Institute of Medical Sciences (SVIMS), Tirupati and subsequently joined SGPGIMS in 1997 as an Associate Professor. In 2005, he spent about a year as a consultant in urology in Dartford, Kent, UK where he also developed the laparoscopic services in the unit. Subsequently in 2007 he was selected to the post of Professor of Transplant Surgery & Urology at SGPGIMS.
He has around250 publications to his credit most of which are in the field of renal transplant surgery, vascular access, upper tract laparoscoy and stone disease.Due to his extreme passion for renal transplantation, he has been associated with the Indian Society of organ transplantation where he also served as a Treasurer and subsequently as Vice President. He is the fellowship program director for renal transplantation in the department. Besides, he has been instrumental in mentoring many transplant surgeons in other institutions of the country like the new upcoming AIIMS, Command Hospital Lucknow and other medical colleges for last many years. He was awarded Sandipani Rishi Gyanpeeth Samman by the IKDRC Ahmedabad for distinguished services in the field of renal transplantation in 2007 and K M uduppa memorial oration of the Indian society of organ transplant.
He has been an invited faculty at many national and international institutions and has organised many courses and workshops besides presenting several papers in various regional, national and international conferences. He has served many scientific journals of national and international repute as a reviwer and was the Assistant Editor of Indian journal of Urology during the late nineties. He has recently been inducted in the urologic society for transplantation and renal surgery (USTRS) as an International member. He is a member of Diplomat of National Board of Examinations curriculum formation committee.
He has been bestowed with several other awards and honours and some of the prestigious ones are – A. Rangnath Rao Endourology Oration by Andra Pradesh Society of Genitourinary Surgeons for distinguished services in the field of Endourology and P.B. Sivaraman Endowment Oration from Association of Southern Urologists. transplant. He has been a recipient of Teacher’s Travel Fellowship twice from USI. He was awarded chakraborty fellowship by the Indian american urological association (IAUA) in 1998.
He worked as a Chairman Board of Education of the USI and had keen interest in taking the simulation technology (UROMET) further while also glorifying USI by elevating the standards and quality of CME’s and workshops in the country during his tenure.
Dr. R B Sabnis
Dear Members, I am contesting for the “President Elect” post this year. In the past I, have served west zone USI as council member, secretary for 4 years & then President. I have ascended the ladder of USI positions starting from council member, then board member of BOE-USI, then chairman of BOE-USI, and then as Hon Secretary USI. Now wish to contest for the top position in USI.
From all these positions, I have served USI to the best of my ability.
As BOE Chairman, Started CMEs on focused topics for members, Developed online exam for travelling fellowship – which is still being used. Conducted live operative workshops organized by BOE-USI in both years. Started conducting BOE session in all zonal conferences. Created respect, awareness & visibility of BOE among all members of USI.
As Hon Secretary:
- Charity Commissioner’s Compliance – this biggest task was pending since 1983. Multiple visits to Charity commissioner’s office & appearing personally for many hearings, we could get everything streamlined.
- E voting – in my second-year tenure, this was big challenge, took mock trial, in council, across India & could complete e voting without single incidence of malfunction.
- Secretary online – Started monthly communication with all members
- Non-Urological CME – Urolegacon & Urofinancecon – Both were big hit. & it is replicated in many zones
- Joint sessions in annual conf – NAUS, BAUS, SURS, SASSM etc – trend still continues
- USI App – Developed USI app, which was handy & majority people voted through app
- Publications – Made 3 publications in 2 years – on behalf of USI – based on studies & surveys conducted by USI
Since I have been closely associated with USI for many years, I am aware of expectations of members, junior or senior & I am confident that as USI president, I will be able to fulfil them.
Dr. Anil Elhence
MS (Surg) DNB (Surg) MCh (Uro) DNB (Uro) MNAMS MBA (Healthcare)
- Consultant Urologist. Head, Department of Urology, Dhanvantri Hospital, Meerut.
- Director, Surgical Services, Dhanvantri Hospital, Meerut.
- Trained in Urology at KMC, Manipal (1989) and subsequently getting qualification in Urology from SGPGIMS, Lucknow (1990-1993) and National Board of Examinations (1993)
- Member of Urological Society of India since 1990.
Have served as
- Council Member of North Zone Chapter of Urological Society of India 1998 – 2000
- Treasurer of North Zone Chapter of Urological Society of India 2000 – 2002
- President of North Zone Chapter of Urological Society of India 2018 – 2019
- Ex officio Council Member of Urological Society of India 2018 -2019
- President of Urological Association of Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand 2015 – 2016
- President of Meerut Urological Association.
- Hosted a number of meetings under auspices of North Zone Chapter of Urological Society of India and Urological Association of Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand at Meerut.
- I look forward to my tenure as Council Member – North Zone to bring about transparency in its working and making it sensitive to the needs of its members and making USI an organization to reckon with on the global stage.
Dr. S P Yadav
MBBS, MS, MCh Urology (AIIMS)
Contribution as teacher: Former professor and HOD in urology PGIMS Rohtak
Present Position: Managing Director, Pushpanjali Medicare Pvt Ltd
Records: Dr S P Yadav registered his name in Limca Book of records twice in 2011 and 2016
International fellowship: Dr S P Yadav was awarded WHO fellowship in United States of America in 1994
Research: More than 40 papers have been published in National and International Journals
Chair Session: Dr S P Yadav has chaired more than 200 sessions in various conferences and workshops
Paper presented: 80 Papers have been presented in various national and Zonal conferences
Membership: Dr S P Yadav is active member of 10 scientific societies
Contribution to urology:
- Passed MCh in 1990 from AIIMS
- Organized CME on Uro Oncology in 1994 in PGIMS Rohtak
- Organized CME on Female Urology in 2004 in Gurgaon
- Organized National Conference of North Zone USI in 2010 in Gurgaon
- Treasurer in USI NZ 1995-1996
- Council Member in USI NZ in 2010 – 2012
- President Urological Society of India North Zone in 2017 – 2018
- Member (Elected) Medical Council of India 2013 – 2018
- Member Ethics Committee (MCI) 2014-2018
- Started and developed the department of Urology in PGIMS Rohtak Gurgaon
Dr C S Ratkal
I completed my MCh training in the year 1989 from Bangalore Medical College (BMC). I have been passionately involved in teaching at BMC initially as Lecturer/ Assistant Professor then as Professor and Head of Department. I later joined institute of NephroUrology, Bangalore as the HOD of Urology and retired as the director of the same institute.
I have been associated with USI since 1982 when I first attended the USICON at KMC Manipal which was organized by Prof Venugopal and still carry fond memories of being part of the small urological family then which has grown into a mammoth organization now. I joined as USI full member in 1990 at USICON held at Calicut.
I have religiously attended most of the annual conferences, CME programs and workshops conducted by USI. I had the opportunity to serve as Secretary and President of Bangalore Urology chapter and also as the President of Karnataka Urology Association. I have served the Urological Society in various capacities at the zonal level as a Council Member of ASU from 2004 – 2007 and president of ASU in 2018 – 19. I have successfully conducted various workshops on Stricture Urethra, Endourology etc at Victoria Hospital and INU with the help of my colleagues. I was also the Organizing Secretary of SZUSICON in 2005. I have been privileged to go as both MCh and DNB examiner to various institutes across India and meet some fine young urology minds. And it was under my leadership that INU, Bangalore was recognized as centre for DNB examination. I have a vast experience not only in academics but also the organizational aspects of the society. Hence I respectfully request all my colleagues to provide me an opportunity to represent you in the USI council. I can assure you all members with sincerity that I will be just a phone call away to help you in addressing your issue at the council.
Dr. S Joseph Philipraj
Prof Urology, MGMCRI, MS, Dip NB, MCh, Dip NB, MNAMS, PGDMLE, PGDHE, MBA- Hospital Management, FAIMER FELLOW, ACME.
- Trained in Medical Education.
- Post Graduate Teacher- for 23yrs.
- PG Examiner for MCh Urology
- MCh urology- Question paper setter and Reviewer of PG Dissertation under various universities.
- Guide for Phd – in Urology and Medical education
- Guide for M Phil programs at Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth – Deemed to be university.
- Council Member and Treasurer of Karnataka Urology Association
- Council member of Urology Association of Kerala
- Treasurer and Vice president of IMA- Udupi-Manipal Branch.
- Council Member of Association of Southern Urology.
A. Editorial committee member in Scientific Journal
- Indian Journal of Urology
- Urology Annals
- World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical sciences
- Journal of Urology and Renal diseases.
- Journal of urology and Nephrology.
B. Reviewer in Scientific journal
- Indian Journal of Urology
- Urology Annals
- World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical sciences
- Journal of Urology and Renal diseases.
- Open Access Journal of urology and Nephrology
- World Journal of Urology
- Asian Research Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Scandinavian Journal of Urology and nephrology.
- Karnataka Urology Association Annual conference at KMC Manipal.
- SZ-USICON 2016 – In MGMCRI Pondicherry.
- USI Mock Exams
- TAPASU- Mid-Term CUE
- Active participation in Zonal and State Urology Bodies
- Set Objective criteria for Assessment of prize papers in State and Zonal Urology Societies.
- Has been active in USI – Peer reviewing Conference papers,
- Chairing and Judging Plenary sessions like, CKP Menon prize paper, Vijayawada Best poster award, Chandigarh Best Videos
- Scientific publications – 40 in National and International journals.
- First urologist from INDIA to have publications in Cochrane Library.
Awards & recognitions:
- Best paper award – Role of Endo urological Interventions in Refractory Upper tract fungal infections – At the Annual Conference of Karnataka Urology Association – Held at Bangalore. Oct. 97.
- Best paper award – Comparative study between SENS and Intracavernosal Papaverine in Evaluation of Erectile Dysfunction – At the Annual Conference of Karnataka Urological Association held at Bellary. In Oct, 99.
- VIJAYAWADA Best Poster Award – Histological Surprises of Prostate Biopsies – USICON 2000 held at Hyderabad.
- Gold Medal award – young surgeons of Bangalore- Rotary club Bangalore South- 2001.
- Dr. A. P PANDEY travelling fellowship for Members of ASU 2002.
- Dr. Augustine Komaranchath Prize for the Best Published paper for the year 2003-2004. At the Annual Conference of Urological Association of Kerala held at Thrissur 9th and 10th Oct 2004.
- University Academic Excellence Award. Awarded during Annual Convocation of Sikkim Manipal University- 2007
- FAIMER Fellowship Awarded by regional FAIMER center Seth GS Medical College- KEM – Mumbai- 2009-2011.
- USI Teacher Travelling Fellowship– 2016.
- Advanced Course in Medical Education- ACME at SRMC Chennai- Nodal Centre.2017
Dr. Shivalingaiah M
MCh: Urology 58 Yrs
- “Nadaprabhu Kempegowda Prashasthi” Awardee 2014 (Karnataka State Award) VVIP State Guest Consultant, Government of Karnataka.
- Professor & Unit Head in the Department of Urology & Former Director of INU
- Association of Southern Urologist – Council Member – 2018 – 2020
- KUA PRESIDENT 2017 – 2018
- PRESIDENT 2015 for Bangalore Urological Society
- Life member of Urological Society of India
- Member American Urology Association
- Awarded DR SHIVARAMAKARANTH SABBHAVANA PRASHASTI Nobel Awardee for outstanding contribution in the field of Medicine on 2007
- Awarded “YADAVA VIDHYA RATHNA PRATHIBA PURASKAR” by’ Shri A.Krishnappa”, SOCIAL WELFARE
- MINISTER, GOVT OF KARNATAKA 2007
- Awarded KAYAKARATNA PRASHASTI (State Level) by Ranga Samaja Cultural Trust (R) on 10-02-2008 at Kannada Bhavana, Bangalore
- Awarded DR.RAJKUMAR RAJTHOYSAVA PRASHASTI for 2007 by Dr. Rajkumar International Prathisthana (R), Bangalore.
- Awarded “VYDYARATNA PRASHASTI” for OutstandingContribution.
- Awarded “VISHWA DHARMA SAMANYAYA” Award at Town Hall.
- Awarded “AADHARSHA RATHNA” Atravindra Kalakshethra by His Excellency, GOK.
- Awarded “NADAPRABBU KEMPEGOWDA PASHASTHI for the YEAR 2014” by Hon’bie chief Minister, Government of Karnataka.
MEDIA AND TV PROGRAMES:
“Given A Iive Programme on Prevention of Urolithiasis on 17-10-2007″ Through Sri Shankara Channel Doordarshan 07.10.2010 at 6 pm”.
“Given a Doctors Live Programme Tuesday, the 11.9.2012.
“Given a live telecast in NEW ORPHANS, LA USAAUA TV Media – 2015
RESEARCH & PUBLICATION ATTRIBUTES
“Ren Biopsy a better predictor of the outcome of Pyeloplasty in Adult PUJO j.Urology.2011.10.018
10 international publications (within on year )
I am a diligent and dedicated quality oriented person with the Flexibility to work in a team environment. I have good communication skills and leadership qualities
CARRIER INTENTION : To pursue a career as COUNCIL MEMBER 2020, in Urological Society of India from South Zone
Dr. Rajesh Kukreja
- MBBS and MS from B.J. Medical College, Pune
- DNB Urology (Muljibhai Patel Urological Hospital Nadiad) (received the H. S. Bhat GOLD MEDAL for standing first in the country)
- International Fellowship in Endourology and Laparoscopy from World Endourological Society (awarded First Prize for Clinical Research in Endourology: Montreal, Canada, Sept’ 2003)
- Consultant Urologist at MPUH, Nadiad for 2 years.
- Moved to Indore in Dec 2003 and have been in private practice since then.
- Organizing Secretary for the 1st Radical Prostatectomy World Summit conference at Nadiad, March 2002
- Organizing Secretary for the 12th annual WZ-USICON-2002 (Nadiad), October 2002.
- Co-organizing Secretary for the 1st Kidney Surgery World Summit conference at Nadiad, Feb 2003.
- Organizing Secretary for the Mid Term Meeting of Genito Urinary Section, ASI, Gujarat State Surgeons’ Association, Gujarat State Chapter ASI and Surgeons’ Forum, Nadiad, April’ 2003.
- Chairman, Scientific organizing committee, Annual Conference of USI, Jan 2009, Indore.
- Organising Secretary for Pediatric Urology Semilive conference: 2 day CME under the WZ-USI. May 2017.
- Council member of West Zone chapter of USI from 2017-2019. During this tenure, published regular quarterly newsletters for the society that were well appreciated.
- Currently the Secretary of the Indore Urology Society.
- Ten international publications and a monogram on PCNL credited to my name
- Conducted many workshops, performed live surgical demonstrations at national USI conferences & actively participating in all zonal & national USI academic activities
- Delivered the invited USI guest lecture at annual national conference of Sri Lankan Urology Society (SLAUS) in Nov 2019
- Conducted and chaired the Indian Section Endourology Meeting at World Congress of Endourology (WCE) at Vancouver (2017) and Paris (2018) – actively participate in WCE events every year.
- Reviewer for articles in the World Journal of Urology journal.
Dr. Rajesh Kumar Tiwari
Dr Rajesh Kumar Tiwari, MS, MCh (Urology) is presently serving as Professor, Department of Urology, Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna since 2010. He has served as Council member and Honorary Secretary of East Zone Chapter of Urological Society of India from 2012-2014. He was organizing Secretary of the Annual conference of East Zone Chapter of USI in 2011 at Rajgir, Bihar. He has also organised several CME and Mid-Term workshops and served as Treasurer of National Conference of USI (USICON-2007) held at Patna. He regularly conducts patient awareness programme on All India Radio, Patna and Doordarshan, Patna. In his 25 years teaching career, he has trained and guided many postgraduate students (DNB & MCh) and has published many articles in National and International journals. He is also MCh Examiner of many universities including National Board and he Is Inspector of MCI. His area of interest is Uro-Oncology and Endourology. At present he is serving the society as Editor of E-Journal of East Zone Chapter.
Dr. Vinod K V
MBBS, MS, MCh (Uro)
Completed MBBS, MS (Gen Surg) and MCh (Urology) from Govt. Medical College, Trivandrum. Worked in Dept. of Urology, Govt. Medical College Trivandrum for four years and as Hon Consultant in Regional Cancer Centre, Trivandrum for two years. Presently working as Consultant in CURE, Trivandrum. Affiliated to two hospitals in Trivandrum – SK Hospital (Superspeciality Hospital) & KJK Hospital, (Infertility Centre). Hon. Visiting Consultant in Urology to Sree Chitra Institute (SCTIMST), Trivandrum.
Held the post of Organizing Secretary of USICON 2020, Kochi which was a memorable annual conference of USI. Presently working as member of the two Guideline Panels of USI – Infertility Guidelines Panel and Erectile Dysfunction Guidelines Panel. Serving now as Member of the Andrology & Men’s Health Subsection of USI. Actively involved as a Reviewer for Indian Journal of Urology.
Served as Council Member of Association of Southern Urologists (SZ-USI) (2016-18). In Urological Association of Kerala held the post of Hon. Secretary (2013-2016) and Hon. Editorial Secretary (2006-2009).
Organised three CME Programmes – UROVISION 12, ANFERCON 14 and UROCLINICS 14. Worked as Treasurer of SZUSICON 2006 in Trivandrum.
Contributed a chapter in the book Male Infertility in Everyday Practice ( Ed- Rajeev Kumar). Published three articles. Presented papers in various regional and national conferences in Urology. Delivered talks as faculty in various CME Programmes in Urology and other related specialties.