USI Social Media/Website Video Submission Guidelines
To make available Classical and New surgical techniques available to the peers in the community
Gradually building a video academy involving all surgical techniques related to Urological Speciality for better learning of others
Type of Videos:
Classic Surgical Techniques/New Techniques covering entire procedure- Endourological/Laparoscopic/Robotic/Open Surgery
Length of Video:
Maximum up to 15 minutes in duration.
Submission of longer videos (if felt by author for a surgical Technique) requires prior permission.
- The video must include audio narration explaining the procedure along with some text to mention critical steps/technique in the video
- Text and audio in the video must be in English.
- Audio must include narration in clear, grammatically correct English.
- Videos must be clear, without excessive camera movement and in focus.
- Grainy, blurry videos will not be accepted.
- Editing must involve smooth transitions.
- High-Definition (HD) video is preferred
- Any patient-identifiable information in Radiographs and other images must not be included
- Few PowerPoint slides may be included in the video to include details of patient history/clinical/laboratory findings/data and analysis.
- Videos that are only a PowerPoint slideshow will not be considered.
- Conclusions must be related to the submission and must not be overstated
Authors: Maximum up to 4
Accepted video formats:
- Windows Media Video (WMV)
- MPEG (MPG, MPEG, MP4)
- Audio Video Interleave (AVI)
- QuickTime (MOV)
Preparation of Word File to Accompany Video: A Word document must be provided that contains the following:
- Full video title
- Exact running time of video
- All contributing authors
- All authors’ affiliations and email addresses
- Author Disclosure statement
- Potential conflict of Interest (if any)/Any commercial Association
- Patient Consent Statement- Authors must state, “Author(s) have received and archived patient consent for video recording/publication in advance of video recording of procedure.”
It is under the discretion of Review Team to accept or Reject without explaining the reasons.
Post Acceptance Process:
Once accepted Video will be intimated to the author and circulated on various USI Platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Telegram and USI webpage), mentioning name(s) of the author.
Video is only for USI online Platforms and does not bear any indexation
Submission Portal: Will be created soon