The youth of USI now has a separate niche in urology with the launch of the Youth Section of the Urological Society of India. The youth section is led by some dynamic and young leaders who are active and carry a vision of leading the urological society of India to newer heights. If you are young consultant or resident under the age of 45 years or with less than 10 years of practice after completion of your formal training then this is the group you should be looking forward to be a part of.
The youth section helps you carve your niche and provides guidance on how to choose the right path. In your journey, you will find fellow urologists facing similar struggles and sharing solutions which will make the path not only interesting but easier. This is the section with a spark! A section full of youthful insanity, innovations, and the zeal to make urology more advanced, more comfortable, and easier to master.
YOU was formed with the following missions
- To encourage the young urologists to become better acquainted with the programs and educational activities of USI.
- To expose and enhance the leadership abilities of budding urologists that will make them international leaders of the future.
- To provide a platform for the young urologists to interact and collaborate with fellow and senior colleagues
Our Latest News
- Endourology Training – Residents perspectiveUrology training programs have come a long way in India from the time the first independent department of urology in India was created at George’s Hospital, Bombay, in 1961-62. Urology is considered to be one the youngest and fastest growing specialities in the field of surgery and Endourology is one such sub-speciality which has grown […]
- Resident training in COVID EraKoi Louta De Mere Beete Hue Din : Resident training in COVID ERA in a Public hospital – Challenges faced : A Chairman’s perspective Dr Sujata Patwardhan The covid pandemic started with a bang. All the existing patients were discharged, operation theatres shut down. We went to work only managing daily routine, OPD dropped to […]
- My Urological journey of Five and a half decadesBy Professor P. Venugopal At the outset, let me register my indebtedness to The Youth Organization of USI (YOU) for the singular honor of asking me to document my journey through the specialty of Urology for the readers of this wing of USI. It has seen many ups along with some lows as life can […]
- Fellowships post MCH and DNB webinarFellowships post MCH and DNB: Options and Prospects webinar held on 30 th June’2020 : 1700 – 2030 hrs The webinar on Fellowships post MCH and DNB: Options and Prospects was highly anticipated, as even before the webinar there were many telephonic enquires for the same. The program spanned over 3 and a half hours. […]
- Youth Concalve of USIThe Urology fraternity across the globe has witnessed the world`s first virtual conference on 14th June 2020 conducted by the Urological Society of India(USI) and the Youth Organisation of USI (YOU). YOU was established in 2019 to promote the young talents of USI and to aid them in training as well as career building. The […]
- Formation of Youth of USI SectionOn November 29th, 2019, the first meeting to discuss the formation of the youth wing of USI was conducted under the guidance of then USI President Dr.Madhusudan Agrawal and USI Secretary Dr.Rajeev T.P at New Delhi. Many young dynamic urologists from all the four zones discussed with USI President & Secretary regarding the widespread demand […]